The Faculty of Planning and Design at the Agricultural University of Iceland seeks applicants to fill a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in the field of landscape architecture. We specifically look for a colleague with expertise in landscape architectural construction and concept design, as well as Landscape Analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Conduct, lead and implement innovative and creative international research projects in Landscape Architecture and Planning
• Publish peer-reviewed articles, secure research funds and take active part in international and national collaborations.
• Teach and develop courses at undergraduate and graduate level
• Supervise students in research projects • Participate in the faculty’s administrative work and to further development of Landscape Architecture and Planning.
Education and skills
• PhD in Landscape Architecture or related field • Experience in teaching, preferably also studio teaching
• Track record of published research and a clear vision of future research
• Experience in participating in research projects, and securing research funds
• Solid knowledge of landscape systems
• Good collaboration, creativity, and communication skills
• Have excellent command of English (C1) and preferably Icelandic.
Deadline for applications is 19. January 2023.
The application shall include certificates attesting to education and work experience, a list of publications, a summary of previous work experience (scholarly and other) and a letter of introduction, stating research interests and future ideas regarding teaching and knowledge transfer in the field of Landscape Architecture and planning. According to regulations of the Agricultural University of Iceland the rector is permitted to grant a promotion to the position of Associate or Full Professor immediately following a new recruitment, should the appointee fulfil required qualifications. The Agricultural University of Iceland reserves its rights to reject all applications. All applicants will receive an answer when a decision about the appointment has been made. Applications should be sent through Starfatorg.is.
Salary is in accordance with the current collective wage and salary agreements of public servants. Further information • Guðmunda Smáradóttir, Human resource and Quality manager, email@example.com