Senior lecturer in landscape architecture with a specialisation in sustainable development of vegetation
Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Crop Production Science
The Department of Urban and Rural Development
The department pursue education, research and external collaboration in Agrarian history, Environmental communication, Landscape architecture and Rural development. Read more at: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/urban-rural-development/
Education and research at the Division of Landscape Architecture covers the whole field of landscape architecture i.e. planning, management and landscape design.
Landscape architecture with a specialisation in sustainable development of vegetation. The purpose of this appointment is to develop the knowledge in landscape management with a special focus on the vegetation of the urban systems of soils and plants. The use of vegetation and their possibility to contribute to positive experience values, increased biodiversity, climate improvement, adaptation to climate change and other ecosystem services, is one of the most important issues in the development of urban outdoor spaces.
The senior lecturer will within the subject area for the position:
• manage teaching practically and theoretically including supervision and examination, mainly within the landscape engineering program, but also within the landscape architectural program
• contribute to the development and strengthen the education and the research field as well as following the development in society that is important for the work within the subject area landscape management
• participate in and develop education cooperation within the division, the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other universities nationally as well as in international networks
• contribute to the faculty’s strategic development through administrative assignments at the division, the department and the faculty
• publish scientific articles, apply for external funding and supervise PhDs
The position will include at least 50 % teaching.
The applicant shall:
• have obtained the degree of PhD in landscape architecture or in a corresponding environmental design discipline
• have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate and master level as well as supervision of students
• have completed training in teaching in higher education corresponding to about 10 weeks of studies, or have acquired the corresponding knowledge in some other way
• have shown to be scientifically proficient in the subject area of the position and shown capacity to receive external funding grants
• have published in publications relevant for the subject area of the position
• have good knowledge in Swedish or another Scandinavian language and in English
Assessment criteria for appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic skills. Assessment of the pedagogic skills will be given a particular importance.
The assessment of pedagogic skills will consider:
• experience of planning, conducting and evaluating teaching in landscape architecture or corresponding disciplines
• supervision of students and examination
• ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching
Experience in modern teaching methodology, such as digital teaching methods and e-based learning is a merit.
The assessment of scientific skills will consider:
• the applicant’s ability to develop the research in the subject area of the position, for example the ability to get external research grants and publish in scientific journals and books
The applicant is expected to have a strong collaborative network of value for the department’s research and teaching. Good communication and collaboration ability is taken into account.
Final date for application:
May 26th 2020
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or
associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Supporting scientific and pedagogic documentation that the applicant wishes to submit
shall be provided in the application. A maximum of 10 scientific publications and 10
pedagogic publications, including popular science articles, should be submitted in support of the
application. In addition, a complete list of publications shall be supplied and the publications
submitted with the application must be indicated.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
Head of Department